1939 Eureka Carved Panel Hearse
|1939 Eureka LaSalle Carved Panel 3-Way Hearse
The walnut panels were hand carved by Sterling Illinois artisan Sanford Stewart. The coach was originally built for a funeral home in St. Louis, Missouri, and ultimately purchased by Finley McGinnis to be used at the McGinnis Funeral Home, Davenport, Iowa. The car was used for Mr. McGinnis' funeral, then sat among his private car collection until Tom Hoczyk purchased it. At this time, the body is unrestored, but basic maintenance work was done to the engine, brakes, clutch and exhaust to put it back into good running condition. It is currently a show car, with occasional use for funerals in Ft. Wayne, Indiana.
|Click on thumbnails below to view larger photos.|